The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

AT LAST!

The Winter - Spring class descriptions are done!  They are posted on a separate page of this blog  to conserve space.  If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call the shop.

I hope you all had a less "interesting" drive to work this morning than I did.  My development did not get  sand or salt this morning.  As I left for work the roads looked OK, just a little dusting of snow.  Alas, that little dusting of snow was on top of a lovely coat of black ice, as I discovered when I tried to stop at the "T" in the road.  I also learned something about ABS brakes - even when your brakes are chattering like an ADHD squirrel and you are sliding straight towards a crab apple tree on someone's lawn, it is nonetheless possible to have a modicum of control and steer your vehicle to make it navigate around the corner somewhat obliquely.

Yippee.

So I slowed down to a snail's pace and approached the next turn - a 90 degree left.  Despite my sedentary crawl, I began sliding again, and my brakes resumed the chattering.  I over-shot my turn by a few feet, but was able to make the turn with only a wee bit of reversing.

Hot damn.

The rest of the drive in to work was less entertaining, especially once I got onto main roads that had high traffic to keep them clear, if nothing else.  As I sit here writing this, it is snowing like a snow globe in a cement mixer, and I am told by customers that the roads are getting slick.  So drive safely everyone.

Purls of wisdom: experience is something you get right after you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment