The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I hate cottonwood

Greetings from Our Lady of the Never-ending Cottonwood Fluff.  My yard looks like it has snowed heavily, my screens look like I tried to sieve a sheep through them, and the skimmer in my pond clogs up with this stuff about every 8 hours.  I couldn't knit outdoors this weekend because of this stuff.  To add insult to injury, I only have one cottonwood on my property - but I am surrounded by the blighters on my neighbors' properties.

I received a UPS email notification that the Ultra Alpaca shipment is en route!  It should arrive today or tomorrow.  This morning I will place the Cascade order.  I don't know how fast Cascade's turn-around time is, but I expect I should have it by the beginning of next week at the latest.  So next week there will be Cascade 220 and some other Cascade yarns for your knitting pleasure.

I want to thank everyone who helped make the sidewalk sale day such a success.  It was great to meet so many people who are so interested in knitting.  I had many inquiries about needle felting, so I will carry that by mid-summer (hopefully).  I could use some input on what to order, as this is a technique I am not conversant with; my felting experience is limited to felting knitted articles.

Also by popular request, I am going to look into getting Maggie Knits yarn and patterns.  Stay tuned for more information about that.


I also want to thank the customers who were SO patient about waiting for yarn to be wound into balls Saturday.  Over the course of the afternoon I wound about 30 balls of yarn; had I not had so many friends helping me out in the shop I would have been truly swamped.  The Berroco Seduce is a pill to wind because it is so slippery; the yarn wants to be draped, not wound into a ball.  But it is surely worth the effort - this stuff knits up so beautifully. I have another order of Seduce on its way, including one colorway that I want to make into something for myself.  Now all I need is time to knit....

A big thank you to my husband, who worked until 2 AM Saturday yet still got up and came with me to the shop at 8 AM, and patiently helped out all day long. 

Congratulations to the six winners of the door prize drawings!  Your prizes are waiting for you at the shop, with your names on them.  You can pick them up any time during business hours.

Congratulations also to my neighbors Liz & Jim, who eloped Saturday.  I know you two will be very happy!

Dee had an amazing idea that we are going to try to get implemented this summer.  It is classified :-), but it will be the knitters' equivalent of the Bat Signal when it is done.  Stay tuned, and knit happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment