The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Count 'em! 53!

As I was putting away a Cascade shipment this morning, I decided to do a count of how many shades of 220 I have at the shop.  Not counting hand-paints, tweeds and superwash, I have 53 shades of Cascade 220 in stock.  Which is about 27% of what is available.

My camera needs to go to the camera doctor, so no images of new things.  Nonetheless, I am pleased to announce that there are, indeed, new things at the shop.  First is the 60 Quick Baby Knits a book utilizing Cascade 220 Superwash.  Some very cool patterns - I especially like the hat with the ram's horns on the sides.

Also new - Pagewood Farms Felted Silk Scarf Kit and Felted Flower Kit.  The former allows you to make your own unique wearable work of art using their silk scarf as a foundation.  The latter can be used to make anything your imagination can come up with, from felted flowers on a sweater to embellishing your own scarf.

And I got a  bunch of glorious new colors in Malabrigo Worsted.  It is the yarn of the month, so come check them out.

Ordered this morning: I found another source of magnetic chart holders (thankfully).  These are harder to find than one might think.
Off to teach a student - later!

Purls of wisdom: alcohol and calculus don't mix; never drink and derive.

No comments:

Post a Comment