The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shop Update 17 November 2011

As I was typing the date above, I remembered all the doom, gloom & hysteria about Y2K.  Seems like only yesterday I sat up on New Year's Eve 1999 waiting to see if Australia - on the leading edge of the International date line, thus the first to hit midnight - would come to an end when the clock struck 12.  It didn't, and I went to bed.

Anyhow, I am pleased to announce that I have received scented candles from Parlour Candle Co.  These candles are clean burning soy wax, and I have 32 different scents on hand.  Great gift for the Secret Santa Party or the mother-in-law that has everything else.

Also new - I now have the "Knit One, Sip One" wine glasses in blue stems as well as the red and violet.  Every glass has its own box, so you don't have to worry about finding one to fit for gift giving purposes.

I have several quick, simple patterns for last minute hats, mittens and such for small Christmas gifts.  Which prompts me to bring up that there are only 38 knitting days left to Christmas.  Is it time to panic?  I would say no; wait till there are only 37 knitting days left. 

Remember I have a Wish List book - you can put in what you want from the shop, then send your loved ones in to get it for you.  This way they don't have to guess and you get what you want.  You can even email me your Wish List and I will enter it in the book for you.

Knit happy (and faster)!

Purls of wisdom: Eat more lamb; 50,000 coyotes can't be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment