The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Thursday, November 3, 2011

New stuff 03 November

Greetings and defenestrations!  I am pleased to be able to tell you that the Madelinetosh sport is finally here!  I have also gotten in more of the Pagewood Kugiak and felted silk scarf kits, and I have three new yarns from Feza: Tokyo (perfect for dressy wraps), Mesmerize (so named for a reason - you really have to see this yarn), and Plataino, a thick & thin extra bulky yarn that knits up in a heartbeat.

I have been playing with dyeing some of the superwash combed top I have in the shop.  So far the initial attempts have been very successful, so if you are in the market for fiber, stop in and check them out.  I am now going to try my hand at painting some worsted and sport weight yarns....stay tuned.

Also in today: the "Knit One, Sip One" wine glasses, in clear with purple stems and clear with red stems.   Yesterday I received Christmas ornaments from Pet Sheep Ranch - small balls of real wool with little black faces and feet, just begging to be hung on a Christmas tree.  Perfect gifts for knitters.

Purls of wisdom: success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment