The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!

I am pleased to say I have just received another shipment of the Indian Lakes hexagonal knitting needles.  I now have all the currently available sizes:: #6 (feather); #7 (owl); #8 (fish); #9 (rowboat); #10 (arrowhead); #10.5 (lantern); #11 (acorn); and #13 (turtle).

This week I received the Interweave Knits Accessories issue - really nice, quick projects to suit almost anyone.  The new issue of Simple Knits is also available. 

Today yielded a very large shipment of Universal Yarns Poems and Classic Shades, seven colors of each.  A customer brought in some absolutely stunning honeycomb mittens she is making with Poems as the "background" color and charcoal gray as the "foreground" color; I am knitting as fast as I can on two other projects so I can make myself some mittens like hers. 

Three more colors of Feza's Platino arrived today, too.  Platino is the thick 'n' thin yarn in multis.  I also have 5 more colors of Chanel, perfect for a quick knitted evening wrap or scarf.

There are only 24 more knitting days to Christmas!  If you haven't filled out your Wish List at the shop, you still have time.  It's like a gift registry for knitters.


Purls of Wisdom:  Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked "why?".

No comments:

Post a Comment