The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Friday, December 9, 2011

Let it snow!

I love snow.  This morning Bob & I had coffee in the hot tub while it snowed like crazy on us.  And snow makes me want to knit (even more than normal).  Plus it makes everything look clean & fresh.

I am please to announce I have another Matchless spinning wheel at the shop.  I received two yesterday, but one has already sold.  I have ordered another Matchless and a Saxony-style Schacht-Reeves wheel.  I just love the "old-fashioned" look of Saxony wheels.

If you're in need of a calendar for the new year, I have Interweave Knits The Sweater Workbook 2012 wall calendar.  Every month has an analysis of a different sweater type - drop sleeve, raglan, top-down, etc. - and the pros and cons of each, as well as helpful hints.  There is lots of room for writing appointments on each day, too.

If you are looking for a last minute gift to knit, I have dyed some Yeti in Christmas red, green & white.  This will knit up really quickly, and definitely puts one in the spirit.

I have more Interlacements "Rick Rack" on order, as well as more Toasty Toes and Spider Web.  I presently have a Toasty Toes sweater on the needles at home (Chic Knits Eyelet Cardigan) and I LOVE THIS YARN!  It is a pleasure to knit with, both for its texture and color.  I am using the "Oceans"  colorway.

On the needles at the shop, an HPKY giant skein in Turandot  colorway that I am knitting into a throw for the shop couch; the classs project for the Provisional Cast On & Kitchner Stitch class; a Feza Alp Oriental sweater, and a few other UFOs that I will - eventually - finish.

Purrls of wisdom: kittens are not born with brakes.  It is an acquired skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment