The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Friday, May 4, 2012

Me again....

Greetings, knitterati!  This week I have received both MadelineTosh Sport and Pagewood Chugiak (sock yarn).  The colors of both are delicious, as usual, and they are selling like hotcakes, so if you want some I urge you not to dawdle.

I also got in more of Pagewood's Melange, a collection of fibers and fabric scraps for spinning and other fiber art activities.  This stuff is like a new box of crayons - I just want to play with it in a corner until my tuna sandwich is ready.

Last week I got some new, mostly one-of-a-kind dichroic glass buttons.  These buttons are the perfect finishing touch for a special knitted article, be it a sweater, wrap or even a hat.

I seem to have hit a plateau in the healing process, which by all accounts is normal.  I am trying to strike a balance between using my arm enough to get it working 100% again, and trying not to overdo it.  Sometimes I lose my balance.  Typical, I must say.

On days when the weather is like today I ache from my neck to my fingers, like an abscessed tooth.  I hope I'm not going to end up with a large barometer on the left side of my body for the rest of my life.  I can imagine my husband poking my shoulder on Tuesday to see what the weather will be like on Wednesday....


Purls of wisdom: an investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment