It occurred to me that, much like a metronome, music with the right beat may just be of help to some knitters. After much thought, these are the selections I came up with, and the type of knitting I think is a suitable match:
- Casting on (beginner level): "Unchained Melody"
- Casting on (advanced level): "Freebird" (go ahead - I dare you)
- knitting (beginner level): Pink Floyd's "Marooned"
- knitting (advanced level): Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir"
- binding off (beginner level): Beatle's "Come Together"
- binding off (advanced level): Beatle's "Get Back"
- ripping out (beginner level): "Cry Me a River"
- ripping out (advanced level): "Wipe Out"
New things at the shop - the Alice Starmore's "Aran Knitting", Cat Bordhi's "Personal Footptints", and a new collection of 5 Herbert Niebling lace patterns. I'm not even going to try to type the German (I have enough trouble with English).
Coming in this week: Cascade 220 Sport, Cascade Tweeds, and additional 220 colors, such as hand-painted.
Reminder: This Saturday is the Helen Hamann trunk show, one day only. Come in and try on the garments and pet the yarns - baby alpaca and a cotton/baby alpaca blend. There will be lots of kits, too, and these kits come with everything but the knitting needles. On my way in to the shop I am going to stop and get a few gallons of cider, some doughnut holes, and cups, so we will have some nice, seasonal refreshments. It's all entirely free..
Coming later this fall: a Yarn Tasting of several different silk yarns. I will provide about 30 yards of each yarn, and a pattern that can be used to combine all the yarn samples. This way you get to try several different silk yarns at one time and compare them.
Also later this fall: a trunk show of Noni patterns! Noni patterns are for felted articles, mostly bags and flowers. You can use any yarn that will felt. These patterns are amazing - I have ordered several, ranging from a delicate, flowered clutch to a project bag big enough to satisfy the most ambitious knitter, and lots in between.
Back to work with me. Knit happy!