The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Diary of a Mad Housecat, Part 2

Good morning everyone, Elwood here.  Life at our new home continues to be pleasant.  In the last couple of weeks Mama has taken to opening the big sliding doors on the front and back of the house, so there is just screen between us and the outdoors.  Now we can smell all the smells and hear what is going on outside a lot better.  The bird viewing is best at the front of the house, but there are chipmunks on the back deck, so we go from one to the other.

Mandy still hates us, and I think she's up to something.  The other day she sat on top of the entertainment center and told us that the reason there are 5 older female cats and only 2 younger male cats is because young male cats are good to eat.  I'm not sure I believe her, but I am staying out of the kitchen when Mama cooks, just in case.  Jake, on the other paw, can't bear to be more than a few feet from Mama, and he likes to lie down in front of the refrigerator to watch her cook.  If he turns up missing I am going to be very careful about the leftovers I eat.

I think my brother may be becoming something of a mama's boy.  Not only does he freak out if he can't see Mama, when she comes home from work he gets real excited and rolls around on her feet - like a dog for heaven's sake.  But he does get tummy rubs for his efforts, so yesterday I flopped down on the floor next to him and got my tummy rubbed, too.  Sometimes our morning wet food comes out of the refrigerator and it's cold.  Jake whines and Mama heats up his food.  What a baby.

Anyhow, it's now time for my morning nap.  Maybe this afternoon I'll try to find more pens to put under the couch.  Mama seems to like finding them there.  At least she sounds happy when she finds them.

Purls of wisdom: You may delay, but time will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment