The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Thursday, July 1, 2010

When you need a giggle...

...check out Franklin Habit's blog.  His most recent is absolutely hysterical, especially if you've had enough of Twilight.

Sorry I haven't updated the blog lately.  I've been up to my eyeballs in getting the newsletter ready and getting the fall class schedule done.  Still have quite a bit to do on the latter, but at least it is coming together.  My needle felting instructor had to cancel for this fall - anyone want to volunteer to teach needle felting?

Yesterday I ordered some Mochi Plus, a worsted weight version of the Mini Mochi sock yarn, and Mochi Chunky, a bulky version that won't be available for another 4 to 6 weeks.  Very. very rich colors, and soooooooooo soft. 

I also ordered some Himalaya Silk.  If you haven't worked with this yarn, it is like candy for knitters.  It is made of scraps of silk from sari factories, and is just lovely.  It can be used for a simple scarf, all the way to a unique sweater.  I love it.

This is going to be a short update, as I have to get me to the showers and head off to the shop.  Speaking of the shop, my Number One cat, Katmandu, is now a shop cat.  He is 18+, deaf and recently went blind from a stroke.  Otherwise OK, I am bringing him to the shop so I don't have to worry about him falling down the stairs at home, or being harassed by the other, younger cats.  Especially Dana the Destroyer, who is lobbying to be the next alpha feline by trying to stage a coup de cat.  Du pretty much stays in the office on his heated cat bed, so even if you are allergic to cats, there shouldn't be a problem.

Knit happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment