The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Greetings one and all.  After a few days of low-level insanity while I got the e-newsletters out, I am now working on getting the hard-copy newsletters done.  The August newsletter was much larger than normal newsletters will be, as it has a complete class listing for the Fall, plus the Maggie Jackson information.  I have been doing everything I can to shrink this issue down to fit on less than 5 pages (printed on BOTH sides) so I don't go over on postage,as I am mailing out over 60 hard-copies.  I have shrunk the font down to the point of micro-fiche, but I have finally shoe-horned everything onto 4 pages.

This week or early next week I will be getting in "Rodeo", a new yarn from Schulana.  It is 55% kid mohair, 23% ultrafine merino, and 22% nylon, bulky weight yarn that comes in 109 yards per ball.  It is lush and lovely.

Also - towards the end of September I will be having a one day only trunk show of Helen Hanaan's designs and yarns.  This trunk show will be absolutely FREE, you will be able to try on the garments, and order kits for anything you see, in any color you want.  Helen is responsible for the decadent Aztec Gold yarn - 100% baby alpaca, that comes in lace-weight and sport weight.  She also has ELATION, an 85% Pima cotton, 15% baby alpaca yarn that is positively delicious.  Her design for a reversible cardigan won Best of Show at the TNNA trade show in June.  She also offers trips to the mountains of Peru, where you get to see how the fibers are harvested and how yarns are spun and dyed by local people.  As a bonus Helen throws in a trip to Machu Pichu!  Check Helen out at http://helenhamann.com.

I am starting to assemble the appropriate shades of Cascade 220 for some team colors, both college and professional.  I cannot possibly have them all, so I am focusing on the midwest teams.  I found out yesterday that the 2012 Super Bowl will be held in Indy!!!!  FYI.

That's all for now - knit happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment