The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

18 hours and 47 minutes to go

It's Tuesday afternoon, and today's weather is the Arthritis Special.  Tomorrow is my opening day, and the weather guy Gordy something-or-other says it's going to be a beautiful day.  I sure hope so.

Today I got a little more of my Berroco order - another bag of Seduce and 4 bags of Weekend - and my ARTyarns order.  The ARTyarns yarn is the single most decadent stuff I have ever touched (since Pierece Brosnan got that restraining order).  This stuff is glorious even on a cloudy day - I can hardly wait to see it in the sunlight!  FYI, all ARTyarns purchases come with a free pattern, but I am still trying to find out how one gets said free patterns.  Most of these freebies are one skein patterns, too.  Don't let the price of ARTyarns scare you - I have priced it out by the cost per yard, and it is a really fair price for what you are getting.

My Malabrigo order isn't here yet, but the folks in Michigan that import it tell me it was shipped out today, so should be here tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. 

My Zauberball order isn't here yet, either.  Apparently the dyers are a mom & pop operation that cannot really keep up with the demand, so getting the color packs I ordered will take quite a bit more time.  However, Skacel did have some bags (5 balls per) of various colors, so I ordered that and will have at least some of the Zauberball sock yarns by Friday. 

I am still waiting for the rest of the Trendsetter order, the rest of the Brown Sheep order, and the rest of the Interweave Press order.  This is Murphy's Law in action.

I have had quite a few people stop in just because they were passing by, or wanted to know more about the shop.  This is very encouraging.  I am not sure who, but someone called yesterday doing a bit of corporate espionage on me.  Since I would recognize Eleanor's voice - and she is way too cool for such silly games - that leaves one basic option.  This is me, smiling.

The Tribune is on its way here, I look like the wreck of the Hesperus, and I still have about 8 hours of stuff to do.  So - knit happy!  See you tomorrow, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment