The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

by popular request

I will be meeting with the Cascade yarn rep this Thursday.  It may be a couple weeks before I actually get Cascade into the shop, but if it turns out that people prefer it to Brown Sheep, it will become my "work horse" yarn.  The Yarn Gourmet is intended to be YOUR yarn shop - carrying yarns, tools, books and patterns that you, as the customer, want.  Of course, I cannot carry everything everyone wants, but if there is a reasonable demand for something I don't carry, I will get it.  For others who want something I don't carry, I can special order anything.

Today I get the decals on my shop front window and door.  Due to the monsoon season the hanging sign outside will not be installed until the weather clears up.  Hopefully by the end of this week - I am psyched! 

I am almost done with the Mini Mochi Fair Isle hat, and then I move on to finishing the offset tabard made with Malabrigo.  Then I want to start on something out of the Swing Swagger Drape book, using Tonalita.  I just love the colors of Tonalita.  But I also want to make a winter coat out of the new Malabrigo yarn, Rasta, a super bulky yarn that knits up at 2 stitches to the inch on #13 needles.  And/or the gorgeous Peruvia Quick, by Berroco.  The problem with owning a yarn shop is there is SO much temptation and SO little time to indulge it.  I can resist anything but temptation. 

I have to remove the front window display so the sign people can put the decals on the front window, so I'm off to the showers.  Knit happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment