The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Question: Will you have a time when people can come into the shop and knit?

Answer: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 to 5, Thursday 10 to 7, and Saturday 9 to 3.  Any time my doors are unlocked anyone can come in and knit to their hearts content, from open to close if they so choose.  You can even bring in a bottle of wine, if you want. I am working on getting the knit-along for the Great American Aran afghan organized; I suspect that will meet on Saturdays.

The Ultra Alpaca arrived, and it is lovely.  I also got some more Berroco Bonsai in, in a shade called abalone.   When you see this colorway you will understand how it got its name - I love it.  The Cascade shipment should be in Tuesday, but I haven't received a UPS notice about it yet.  Of course, it could be coming FedEx or by some other means.

I ordered some funky novelty yarn from Crystal Palace the other day, too.  A customer called with a special order for a couple of colors in this yarn, so I added a few more to the order.  It is called Fling, and it will make great trim for things like felted purses or kids clothes. 

And I ordered some Panda Silk in a DK weight.  If you have fondled the Panda Silk sock yarn you know how decadent it feels - the DK weight will make incredible tops and lightweight sweaters.

I have been in touch with Twisted Sisters yarn, and will probably be ordering from them in the next two weeks.  I also sent an email to Maggie Knits, but haven't heard back from them yet.   Also Lavishea - this is a hand cream in the form of a bar (like a bar of soap) that is supposed to be non-greasy.  It was developed by an airline employee who got tired of the 3 ounce liquids limit and wanted a hand lotion that would last more than three applications.  It apparently comes in a lot of fragrances, in its own tin.  I am always looking for good hand creams.  In winter my hands are dry from the weather, and in summer they are dry from digging in the dirt.

One of my customers is working on the Raglan Rust pattern from the Knitter's Spring 2008 issue, using one color of Trekking XXL and another of Trekking Hand Art Flame carried together.  She brought it in for a sneak preview, and it is absolutely gorgeous!  Soon I will have a large cork board up for photos of customer projects. 

I started one of the one-skein patterns for an ARTyarns wrap yesterday morning, and got three rows done before I got busy.  I am using Mohair Splash (beads and sequins) in the black and white colorway.

And I (finally) finished the Malabrigo Worsted Off Set Tabard, from Knit One Below.  It is up on the shop wall. 

I got a bunch of crochet hooks specifically for Tunisian crochet, too.  This is a fascinating technique - I have some models of it coming, so if you haven't seen it, you are in for a surprise.

Well, off to have breakfast and shower.  Knit happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment