The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ha!

Those of you who know me probably thought I'd never figure out how to post photos on this blog, did you?  Neither did I, but by George, I think I've got it!  Rather easy, actually.  (I just jinxed myself, didn't I?)

The new arrivals photo doesn't show much detail, but believe me, I got some nice stuff in this week.  I have Kid Merino prints in four colors (more to be added later), Kid Seta in 6 solid colors, Panda Silk DK, which has a free pattern on-line for a lacey little wrap that only takes two balls; of course there's all the Cascade I got in, too.

I have to say my favorite new arrival this week is the Soleil.  Soleil is a 100% cotton yarn pre-strung with wood beads and fabric leaves.  Not a lot, just enough to give it a little flair.  It comes in 5 colors - black, yellow, rose, green, blue - and is only $12 per skein.  It is soft, and absolutely intriguing.  I wish it had come in sooner, but demand is so high that Trendsetter is having trouble keeping up.

And now some really good news - I found a book wholesaler that carries all sorts of books I have been asked for but unable to get through the 5 wholesalers I have been dealing with right along.  Really neat books like Crazy Lace and the Tunisian crochet book that will be needed for the class this fall.  PLUS - the Elizabeth Zimmerman books!  Ya gotta love books.  Now if only Congress would do something really useful and pass a law that requires all instructional books to be spiral-bound...

Alas, I must hie me back to entering customer slips in the database so I can get my email list up and running.  Knit Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment