The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Friday, April 16, 2010

And now for something really different....

We took the Brown Sheep order over to the shop yesterday. The landlord had to have a locksmith come to put in a new lock, as the old key could not be copied, but I ultimately got the key to my shop!

Remember I said I got four huge boxes of Brown Sheep, and they were firmly packed? That may have been an understatement. I had to take everything out and compare it against the packing slip, and let me tell you, that is a LOT of yarn! Better still, there are about 150 skeins on backorder.

Today I have a boatload of errands to do (I have got to get the water turned on so I can flush the toilet, if nothing else), then I have to meet someone from the bank at the shop about taking credit cards. Visa and MasterCard, only - sorry all you AmEx people. And cash, of course. I will not be taking checks unless I discover a big demand to do so.

The bathroom and office are both paneled in very, very cheap very, very dark paneling, so I am going to paint that dark, depressing stuff a nice light shade of whatever I happen to have languishing in the closet. They still have not put flooring down in the bathroom, so now is a good time to paint, but it will probably be this weekend - today is a touch busy. Bob is going to run phone line from the outside box to the inside of the shop.

I also need to get a massive push broom for the storage area and some means of getting close to an inch of dust off the storage shelving. I am thinking that for daily cleaning I will get one of those new Swiffer things that has mild vacuum capability as well as the dust cloth, and a Swiffer WetJet, of course. Those things are one of the best inventions since push button phones (yes, not only do I remember rotary phones, I remember when you picked up the receiver and gave the number you were calling to the operator. There wasn't even a dial on the phone).

Anyhow, the laundry is done so now I can take a shower with minimal temperature changes. Till next time, and remember - friends don't let friends knit with bad yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment