The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm getting closer....

Woooo-hooooooooo! I have settled on a location! It will be - drum roll, please - 2915 Mishawaka Avenue in South Bend. I will sign the lease Monday. It is close to two hair salons, The Sweeper Company, a gallery, and a computer / IT place. The last is particularly good, as I seem to have an evil troll occupying my computer.

Now all I have to do is decide what yarns I want to order - within my budget. I could easily order three times my budget, but restraint, restraint. At this time the plan is to start out with a nice selection of luxury yarns and expand as my cash flow expands. Tentatively the initial selections will be ArtYarns, Brown Sheep, Crystal Palace, Fiesta, Mountain Colors, Skacel, Malabrigo, Jamieson's Shetland, Interlacements, and Isager. By fall I hope to be able to add Prism, Great Adirondack, Claudia Hand Paints, Debbie Bliss, Noro (that is already available locally, which is why it isn't included in the "first take") and others. Patterns will include Knitting at Knoon, a bunch of XRX books, and some Interweave Knits books, plus a few miscellaneous patterns/books.

I am still without a website, but that will come soon.

Does anybody out there weave? The Jamieson's Shetland is supposed to be good for weaving, as are a few of the others. Also, if there is sufficient demand for roving and other spinning supplies, I may add that at a later date.

This weekend is probably the last weekend I will have to spend on my gardens, so I plan to get as much accomplished as possible. The roses have been pruned, but need to be fed, wood chip mulch needs to be put down, more of those damned oak leaves need to be gotten off the gardens (they never end), the beds need to be edged. Also, we have a new garage door opener that has to be installed, a new door sill to be installed, and the copper dragon weathervane my father gave me for Christmas to be installed. That will be hairy, as it is VERY delicate and getting it up to the roof is already giving my poor husband heartburn.

And then.........I will have to be at the shop organizing and ordering and coordinating. My original target open date was 15 June, but I may try to move that up a bit. Stay tuned, and please knit responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment