The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No guts, no glory

Today I place my first order for yarn and notions. Scared? Me? To coin a phrase, I'm scared s***less. But I can't very well open a yarn shop without inventory, now can I?

I am meeting today with Joanne Cole, the local Edwards-Drew rep. She carries Brown Sheep, Crystal Palace, Isager and some others. She also carries a brand of needles I have not heard of before - Daisy. These are made by Crystal Palace, out of ABS resin. They are purportedly lightweight and comfortable to use - I will test drive a set later today. But what I find really, really interesting is they are color coded by size, e.g., all size 9 needles are the same color, all size 10 needles are a different color. Why didn't anyone think of that before? It won't make needle sizers obsolete, but it sure is a convenience. I'll let you know what I think of them. Has anyone out there used Daisy needles?

No comments:

Post a Comment