The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

tomorrow's the day!

...that I take possession of the shop. It is still woefully pink, but the property manager assures me it will be painted within a week.

Yesterday I ordered from Skacel - Addi Turbos, Zauberball yarn, Trekking XXL yarn, a killer tweed. Wait till you see the handpaints in Zauberball! To die for! And next week I meet with a rep that carries Malabrigo, Trendsetter, and other yarns. I am in sensory overload and loving it!

Today I have had a few spare hours to play with some of the techniques in "Knit One Below", using two colors of Malabrigo from my stash. I am loving this technique. Anything that creates vertical stripes of color without angst, stranding, or stiff fabric is wonderful! If you haven't read the book, get a copy (wait and buy it from me) - it has amazing patterns in it.

Till next time, knit happy and responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment