The Yarn Gourmet Important Information

Location: 2915 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46615 (across from River Park Furniture)
Phone: 574-232-9276
Email: yarngourmet@comcast.net

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 - 5
Friday: 10 - 8
Saturday: 9 - 3
Closed Sunday & Monday

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Monday!

Ah Monday - ain't it grand? Today I was supposed to meet with the Malabrigo rep, but that has been rescheduled to tomorrow. So after I go see the nice folks at the Indiana Dept. of Revenue, I am going to finish priming the bathroom, start priming the office, and time permitting, get a first coat on the bathroom, at least the trim. That dark paneling already looks better with only white primer on it. I need to get baseboard molding, and have no idea what to do about the Rube Goldberg arrangement of the water lines. You'd have to see it to believe it.

I am told by my best knitting buddy that the shop was painted yesterday, changing the Pepto-Bismol pink to beige. Anything but that awful pink. To those of you who like pink, remember - all things in moderation (except yarn), and that much pink is NOT moderation.

I also have about a dozen phone calls to make and hopefully my debit card will arrive so I can place on-line orders for things I really need and can't buy locally.

The local merchants association tells me there will be a sidewalk sale on 22 May, which is 5 days before my target opening date of 27 May. I'm thinking I may want to do a "sneak preview" on that day, even though I don't think the shop will be completely ready to open. I have a lovely (?) 8 foot table I can set up outside the shop for the sidewalk sale. All that foot traffic should not be wasted. So if you're in the neighborhood, stop on by!

Off to the showers with me. Knit it if you got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment